Monday, May 10, 2010

Simple Joys

I’ve been feeling kind of down lately, so I decided to do some self-therapy by listing a bunch of things in my life that bring me joy!

1.First and foremost, my wonderful, loving husband Chaz. He is amazing! Whenever I am down, he is there to comfort me and make me laugh. Sometimes, he can just look at me and I start laughing. I also love the fact that he knows me better than I know myself sometimes. I know it’s cheesy, but he truly is my BEST FRIEND!

2.Second is my family! We are all CRAZY, we are all ALIKE, and we are all DIFFERENT at the same time! I know that makes ZERO sense, but that is seriously how we are. I can’t help but smile when I think of what an outsider must think looking in at our family. They probably have difficulty understanding us because we talk so fast, but they definitely wouldn’t have trouble hearing us because we talk LOUD! But no matter how crazy or unique we may be, we are always there for each other. And that is what makes my family awesome!

3.My friends also bring me a lot of happiness. I love how I can get together with my closest friends from high school that I haven’t seen or talked to for several months and we can chat like no time has passed. I also love that after I spend time with friends, my face usually hurts from smiling and laughing so much! Making new friends makes me happy as well, and I’ve been making lots of new friends lately! Yay!

4.Next would be my cat, Peanut. I know everyone thinks their pet is the cutest pet out there, but seriously, sometimes Peanut is so cute I can barely stand it! I love that he is so snuggly. He will come right up to me and plop down on my chest and he will sleep there until I move him (or Chaz pushes him down :-P). Plus, he chases his own tail. How cute is that? I wish I could capture it on video, but by the time I grab my camera, he is over it and on to something different. Snuggling with my cat can definitely lift my spirits!

5.Sunshine and blue skies! This is basically self explanatory. Every time I go outside and see the clear blue skies and the sun shining, I am reminded of how awesome God’s work is. It always reminds me of my favorite verse, Psalm 118:24 (NIV), “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

So that’s just a few Simple Joys that I decided to write down. I feel better already! Feel free to share some of your Simple Joys in life here and lift everyone’s spirits! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACKGROUND