Monday, September 13, 2010

Say What?!?!?!

Song lyrics.

A lot of times, I know them, without even knowing that I know them. I hear the same song so often, even if I don’t like the song that much, I still catch myself singing along in the car on my way to work.

But the majority of the time, I think I know them, but I really don’t. I often have my own “Sarah Remix” for a song because I sing the words that I think they are saying, and that seem to fit in that space, but I usually find out they are wrong when I happen to sing them in front of somebody else…

This HAS to happen to other people too, right? You’ll just be in the car, singing away, when the other person looks at you with their eyebrows raised, asking “What the heck did you just say????”

“Um, ‘Hood slidin’ like whoa dude’…”

Then comes the laughter! That’s when you realize, that the lyrics you sang make absolutely zero sense in normal people land! But in my own "Sarah language", I totally thought that you could “hood slide like whoa dude!”

Apparently, the actual lyrics are “Hood slidin’ like Bo Duke…”

Yes, the above example is an actual experience that happened to me. The song that these lyrics are from is Dierks Bentley’s ‘What Was I Thinking.’ You can watch and hear the lyrics here:

Fortunately, these embarrassing situations usually only occur with my husband, who is so wonderful to point out the correct lyrics to me.

Just this past Friday, I discovered that I had another lyric wrong! And is from a song that’s been out since 2000! I’ve been singing it wrong for 10 years… Wonderful!

Chaz happened to be singing away this time, and when he said “Chances are – that I might!” I looked at him and started laughing! Haha! Now it’s my turn to point out that he doesn’t know the lyrics. He asked me what I was laughing at, and I pointed out that he doesn’t know the lyrics! “What are the lyrics then?” he asks me…

“Chances are – dynamite!”

Now he starts laughing… oh man, I did it again! In “Sarah language” yes, the chances of something happening could be “dynamite”… but I guess not everyone talks like me! Check out the lyrics video and listen to the song here, and see if you know what I’m talking about!

There have been many more instances of screwed up lyrics, but these are just the few I could remember right now... So anyways, I hope I’m not the only one who screws up lyrics! Will you share what lyrics you’ve messed up?  I need a good laugh! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Lol, that has happened to me a lot. I'm sure it happens to most people. It always results in a good laugh though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, please email me your information amandastreight@yahoo.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

BACKGROUND